Sport & Politics
The Andrew Jennings Edition
This Sport & Politics e-magazine, edited and produced by investigative journalist Jens Weinreich of Germany, is a tribute to the late and great Andrew Jennings who died on 8 January 2022.
It includes an article from Andrew on the "simple craft" of journalism that was written in 2012 as a contribution to The Global Investigative Journalism Casebook published by UNESCO, as well as a outstanding editorial from Jens Weinreich on what journalism really is - or should be - about.
In total, there are 53 contributors from 17 countries.
They include household names in the sporting and football world, such as Romário, Lord David Triesman, Dick Pound and Sepp Blatter; outstanding authors and journalists such as Weinreich, Vyv Simpson, Thomas Kistner, Lasana Liburd, Ezequiel Fernández Moores and James Corbett to name just a few.
It is a demonstration of the breadth and depth of the network of Andrew Jenning's friends, colleagues, peers and the many he mentored and helped.
It is available via Fair Play Publishing on behalf of Jens Weinreich to assist those who wish to use an English language ordering system. You can also order it in German from Jens Weinreich's site here.
- Andrew Jennings – Some thoughts on our simple craft
- Jens Weinreich – Let’s get on with it!
- Vyv Simpson – How it all began
- Richard W. Pound – “He did not hesitate to boldly go where no one else had ever gone”
- Frank Brandsås – The Orange Skier
- Albert Knechtel – “Sincere, courageous, conscientious”
- Patrick Nally – How we will miss him
- Mathew D. Rose – Rebel with a cause
- John Hoberman – Collusion with the evil
- Jan Jensen – Advantages of Christiana
- Jay Coakley – The experience of hosting an investigative reporter
- Alan Tomlinson & John Sugden – Hunger for documents
- Thomas Kistner – The legend remains
- Jens Sejer Andersen – The Incomparable
- Sepp Blatter – “… I would be glad if Andrew Jennings was still here”
- Bob Munro – Uniquely rambunctious, uniquely resolute
- Ezequiel Fernández Moores – The muckraker who always had hope
- Pablo Vignone – Face to Face
- Craig Lord – “Slayer of the Corrupt”
- Lars Jørgensen – Trips to Lausanne and Washington
- Lars Werge – The future of sports journalism
- Drew Sullivan – “That disrespect for authority”
- Declan Hill – Why we need Andrew more than ever
- Juca Kfouri – Fearless, ironic, ferocious, funny
- Henrik H. Brandt – How sport officials redefined the term bad company
- James Oliver – Master of the doorstop
- Romário – “An inspiration, tireless, fearless”
- Lasana Liburd – “Part-journalist, part-activist”
- Jean François Tanda – Empowering, encouraging
- Dominik Schmid – “A gentle giant”
- Christer Ahl – He had a cause
- Hans-Joachim Seppelt – “A role model for me”
- James Corbett – That famous mane of white hair
- David Triesman – “There is no rest for the wicked”
- Bonita Mersiades – To everything there is a season
- Katarina Pijetlović – Unforgotten
- Rosa López de D‘Amico – “It’s time to start digging”
- Bob Mackin – FOI, please!
- Steven Berryman – A life-altering article
- Alex Phillips – “Get it done!”
- Afonso Morais – The tricks of Tricky Ricky
- Lúcio de Castro – “It was worth it!”
- Graham Dunbar – Tick. Tick. Tick.
- Søren Bang – Well-founded, fact-based
- Grit Hartmann – “Go for the bastards!”
- Dominik Sinnreich – “Find those decent guys!”
- Laura Robinson – “Walk his path”
- Nikki Dryden – From naïve Olympian to critical writer
- Roger Pielke – The truth matters
- Andreas Selliaas – “Go to Brazil!”
- Alejandro Wall – Professor punk
- Format: A4 downloadable PDF
- Pages: 81
- Edited by: Jens Weinreich with 52 other contributors
- ISSN 2627-6402
- Publication date: 27 January 2022